|Site Map | Contacts | Links | Newsletter ||
- Learn how to count.(1 2 3.....20)
- Learn how to add.(1+2=3)
- Lean how to subtract.(2-1=1)
- Learn these symbols, + - > <
- Learn about money (coins: penny, nickel, dime, quarter)
- Learn about the calendar.
- Learn to tell time. (It is based on the Sumerian sexagesimal system of base 60 see Sumerians).
- Learn basic shapes (square, rectangle, triangle, and circle).
- Be able to count to 100.
- Learn how to count by 2's(2,4,6....), 5's, and 10's.
- Learn odd and even numbers(1 odd,2 even).
- Learn addition tables 0-10.(Make or buy flashcards).
- Learn subtraction tables 0-10.(Make or buy flashcards).
- Introduce fractions.
- Learn place values.
- Learn to borrow and carry numbers with multi-digit addition and subtraction.
- Learn to do word problem solving.
- Learn simple charts and graphs.
- Learn measurements (inch, foot, yard, etc.).
- Introduce multiplication.
- Learn multiplication tables 0-12. (Make or buy flashcards)
- Learn division tables 0-12. (Make or buy flashcards)
- Learn long division.
- Learn basic geometry.
- Learn simple fractions.
- Learn to estimate.
- Learn to use a calculator.
- Learn fractions. Numerator/denominator.
- Learn how to add factions. Find the lowest common denominator. Learn to add mixed numbers.
- Learn how to subtract fractions.
- Learn decimals.
- Learn to turn a fraction into a decimal.
- Learn ratios.
- Learn how to average (add numbers and divided by number of addends).
- Learn prime numbers and factoring (1,3,5,7,11, etc.).
- Learn how to multiply fractions.
- Learn how to divide fractions.
- Learn decimals and place values..
- Learn percent. How much tax is charged in your area?
- Learn multi-step word problems.
- Make a graph of your test scores.
- Learn measurements (Introduce metric system).
- In geometry learn to find area and volume.
- Learn exponents.
- Learn probability.
- Learn simple algebra.
- Learn integers (positive and negative numbers). Learn how to add and subtract negative numbers.
- Learn exponents.
- Learn more about factors, ratios, percent, decimals.
Learn how to make a spreadsheet on the computer. Learn how to write a check, make a bank deposit, and keep records. Pick a stock and see if it goes up or down. Find out the percentage rate of different credit cards. Learn about filling out an IRS tax form. Learn about mortgage rates.
A "Unified Theory" For Calculus - A University of Missouri-Rolla mathematician's research into a "unified theory" of continuous and discrete calculus is gaining the attention of mathematicians worldwide for numerous applications, including the study of insect populations.