|Site Map | Contacts | Links | Newsletter ||
Note: Due to the archiving policies of the various news Websites some links on this page may no longer be valid. All links will take you away from the IBSS Site - use your browser's "back" button to return to this page.
of the Bible
In the series Science of the Bible, the quest is to find what modern science can prove about the stories of the Bible and what most likely really happenedfrom Jesus' birth to crucifixionaccording to history, archaeology and forensics. National Geographic channel program on Sunday 2 PM and Wednesday 10PM (EDST).
Interviews: American Scientific Affiliation Meeting 2005 Messiah College, PA.
- Darrel R. Falk, Biologist. He has written Coming to Peace With Science: Bridging the Worlds Between Faith and Biology. Listen to Darrel Falk's interview. (14 minutes)
- Dick Fischer, President of Genesis Proclaimed Association, finding harmony in Bible, Science, and History. He has written The Origins Solution. His web site is at Genesis Proclaimed Association. Listen to Dick Fisher's interview. (22 minutes)
- Glenn Morton, Geologist. He has written Adam, Apes and Anthropology. He has a web site at Glenn Morton's Creation/Evolution Home Page. Listen to Glenn Morton's interview. (19 minutes)
- George Murphy, PhD. Physics. He has written The Cosmos in Light of the Cross. His web site is at The Science-Theology Interface. Listen to George Murphy's interview. (11 minutes)
- Larry Olsen, PhD. in Physical Chemistry. He teaches at Asbury College in Wilmore, KY. He has written Two Revelations: A High View of Science and Scripture. Listen to Larry Olsen's interview. (7 minutes)
- Paul Seely, Bible scholar. He has written Inerrant Wisdom: Science and Inerrancy in Biblical Perspective. Listen to Paul Seely's interview. (30 minutes)
- Margaret Towne, Biologist. She has written Honest to Genesis. Listen to Margaret Towne's interview. (21 minutes)
papers are probably wrong
Most published scientific research papers are wrong, according to a new analysis. Assuming that the new paper is itself correct, problems with experimental and statistical methods mean that there is less than a 50% chance that the results of any randomly chosen scientific paper are true (New Scientist)
The spring ASA Eastern PA sectional meeting is scheduled for April 16th at Messiah College from 1-4. Dr. Peter Dodson will be speaking on the topic of "God and the Dinosaurs."
13 things that do not make sense. New Scientist article.
Faking it in Frankfurt
'Egregiousness' of conduct over almost 15 years leads to first-ever lifetime ban on US grants (Doug Payne)
No Science articles for February.
No Science articles for January.